Sunday 2 July 2017

Day 7: Canada Day and Blue Jays!

After an awesome fireworks show and a few drinks we went back to rest. I woke up in the morning early, the Blue Jays game was at 1:00 pm but I wanted to get out and enjoy the city and all the Canada day festivities. Hannah helped me with instructions to weave my way down through the city.

I started by grabbing a coffee and heading to Kensington Market, a very hip and unique area of Toronto. Most things were closed but the artwork and scenery was amazing. From there I walked through China town, visited the Eaton Centre and then met with Terra for the baseball game. Terra works for CF Canada in Toronto and I was able to take her to the game and catch up, it was great to meet her in person as she does so much through social media for Cystic Fibrosis Canada!

From there I walked around downtown. Chris from Adrenaline Tattoos and he hooked me up with some gear to wear and purchased a pin. Chris was an awesome very generous guy and merely did it because I had briefly talked about the fundraiser. I wasn't in the market for a tattoo that day but it was a fantastic shop and I'd go again!

I walked back much the same way I came, first seeing graffiti alley but stopping in for craft beer at different pubs, a pub crawl of sorts, had some wings (Alana nice to meet you and thank you for taking such interest in the fundraiser, you were very kind). Brayden the comedian from Saskatchewan I wish you the best of luck man, was also nice to meet you. Andre your artwork was amazing in Kensington Market, I will wear the shirt on the trip, glad we were able to talk real on some things. Toronto had lots of friendly and talkative people.

From there I finally got back to Hannah's apartment and conked out but not before having a VERY great piece of home made cake she made!

no bike, walked more kms than I can remember!




No comments:

Post a Comment