Friday 7 July 2017

Day 10: Thunder Bay to Winnipeg

Thunder Bay commute wasn't as scenic as my first day but still was quite beautiful until Dryden where construction and thunder showers left me a little damp. Kenora I'm sure you're a great city too but when you don't have a gas station unless you drive 10km into town it makes it less appealing. Clearwater Bay thanks for figuring this out.

I arrived into Winnipeg and met up with my brother in laws sister Katie. She was an awesome energetic and generous tour guide, we went to Jollibee to have some Filipino fast food and then hit the city, visiting St. Boniface Cathedral, Canadian Museum for Human Rights, The Forks (an awesome spot for food culture dance and the like!) and Manitoba Plaza. We even went for ice cream and saw some of the inner city and spoke on the challenges and successes of programs there. It was a complete look at the city and by car (thank you Katie again for driving me around) and I left really informed and happy to have visited.  I headed back to the hotel as my head was hitting the pillow I think I fell asleep!

Long day 703km 7:33 on Motorcycle





No comments:

Post a Comment