Thursday 29 June 2017



Day 4: Ottawa Day!

After a nice evening with Dave and Jenn, I hit the road to travel to the Cystic Fibrosis Canada office in Ottawa. There I met the team Hilary and Jennifer and was a greeted with lots of hugs and praise. It was nice to stop into the office and share in the excitement of the trip! Even the building manager made a donation thank you Glen.

I felt a bit famous as we did a photo shoot for the cover of Cystic Fibrosis Canada Connections magazine ( http://www.cysticfibrosis.ca/news/publications ) and met one of the national board members Stuart, who was an inspirational, motivational, generous and to the point kind of guy. I was so glad to have met him, he threw a few KOALLO ® stickers on my gear and made a donation.

From here I actually went back and rested, knowing the limits of the trip are important and I took a few hours off to recharge.

That night, Dave organised an event at Craft Beer to see a lot of old friends and meet new ones. It was such an awesome night with great conversation thank you to everyone who made it out to catch up with one another. To those of you I spoke to on visiting Nova Scotia please don't hesitate to reach out, you all have been so accommodating and kind I'd gladly return the favour when in my neck of the Canadian woods!

Total: 54km 45 mins on road

No comments:

Post a Comment